Missing Links

Missing Links

Friday, March 23, 2018

IronMan 70.3 Thailand debacle

Well it has been quite some time since my last post. The other Missing Links seem to have forgotten how to type. As we all have day jobs it is quite tough to break away for such luxuries as writing about triathlon. Moving forward we will discuss the IM70.3 Thailand.

















Brandon and I left 4 days early and made it to Phuket without any issues. The villa we rented was really nice and close to the venue. Anthony showed up the next morning and the my good friend Gene Watson came down from Germany. Once all four of us was in Phuket the fun began!

The resort and surround town was very nice. The food was amazing. Something to note. Two days before the triathlon Brandon and Anthony tried to get me to eat friday market street food. Now for a weaker person this might sounds like a warm friendly gesture however I am a seasoned traveller and have had food poisoning before. To be clear I was not going to take any chances before a IM70.3.





We did have a chance to do some swimming before the event and the water was great!!!!




































Well after the fun and games it was time to collect our packs and get registered. The Expo was small and not very well organized. The vendors were limited and the service lines got crazy long. Not to mention not have many items in my size, meaning anything at all actually. The bag that was given was lets say not very representative of my previous IronMan events.































So after the registration was over it was time to get the bags ready for transition. We all had some work to do as it was going to be hot and humid. We got lucky with some light rain in the morning during the start of the bike ride.





















I am not going to go into great detail of my event as it really all amounted to my lack of prep. What is important is that Gene and Brandon was able to power through and complete there first IM70.3! Anthony nailed his third and unfortunately I got a DNF. No worries though we are all looking at the next event and cant wait. Move Forward!!!!!

No comments: